Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.
- What style cabinets?
- What color? Stained or painted?
- Quartz or granite countertops?
- What style faucet?
- What faucet finish?
- Which tile for the backsplash?
To streamline what could be a stressful process and make it enjoyable, I accompany homeowners to area showrooms, providing guidance gained from my 14 years of design experience.
What selection decisions are Wood Wise remodeling clients making in 2020?
- Classic look: One big goal for Wood Wise homeowners is to create a classic look, spaces with selections that won’t look or feel outdated quickly. This involves choosing neutral colors for cabinet finishes, countertops, and backsplashes which are the more permanent components. Accessories which are more easily changed out can provide a pop of color or contrast when a new look is desired.
- Natural woods are coming back strong in flooring, open shelving, and other accents. Painted perimeter cabinets with a contrasting island in cherry or walnut stained wood create a one-of-a -kind kitchen.
- Warmer grays and whites: Gray is still going strong. But there is a clear turn toward warmer grays, “greige” and even very light gray. Neutral backsplash tile is always a solid choice.
- Brushed gold and matte black: These two new finishes are becoming client favorites. Sink faucets, cabinet hardware and lighting in brushed gold or matte black contrast beautifully with neutral backgrounds and enhance the classic look.
Here is a recent Wood Wise kitchen remodel with this timeless classic look: