“More light!” is a request we continue to hear from homeowners remodeling their kitchens. Hank and Kathy have several tools they use in their designs to provide better lighting:
- Recessed lights are the #1 tool used to increase the lighting and are spaced out to cover the whole area.
- Under-cabinet Xenon puck or strip lights are fully dimmable and give warm lighting to work areas.
- Island lighting can include pendants, chandeliers, or other kinds of decorative lights.
- Solar-tubes and skylights bring in natural light.
- Enlarging windows or adding transoms over existing windows can dramatically improve the lighting.
- Removing the wall from an adjoining room can flood the room with additional light.
Every kitchen poses different challenges to good lighting. Wood Wise brings the skill and experience to maximize the lighting potential of each space.